Consolidated Properties has submitted a development application to build a 15 storey commercial office building located at 895 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by John Wardle Architects, the development comprises of 22,219 sqm of gross floor area, three ground floor food and beverage outlets as well as end-of-trip bike facilities also on ground level.
According to the architects, the $250 million commercial tower will have three clear interdependent demands:
- Harnessing the qualities of a subtropical environment
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the precinct
- Providing for the diverse spatial and social requirements of the contemporary workplace.
The podium comprises contemporary ‘campus-style’ office accommodation featuring larger floor plates suited to team-based working. The podium is also connected to the outdoors by landscaped edges and features a continuous external stair enabling interconnected podium floors and opportunities for cascading external landscapes.
According to the development application, the striking podium facade has been designed with varied vertical precast sunshades which aims to feel connected to the ground. While the high-performance glass curtain wall facade in the tower section above is said to echo the podium via a series of horizontal layers.
- Gross Floor Area (GFA) 22,219 sqm
- Site Cover 67.6%
- Site Area 2,526 sqm
- Building Height 15 storeys
- Car Parking Total: 111 car spaces (including 2 PWD spaces), plus 10 motorcycle spaces
- Bicycle parking A proposed end-of-trip facility on Ground Level, via a dedicated access from Ann Street, will accommodate 185 bicycle parking spaces, 264 lockers and 16 showers
Read the original article here.
Comments are closed.