Aged care operator Ozcare has proposed a 23 storey retirement community located at 43 Evelyn Street, a large island site in Newstead.
The proposed development will be carried out over two stages and involves the construction of a mixed-use building, comprising of a retirement facility, residential care facility, food and drink outlet, shop and an office which will provide a new home for Ozcare’s administrative activities.
Designed by Conrad Gargett, the proposal also includes a new park in the form of a privately owned public space.
According to the development application, the project aims to provide a modern Residential Aged care and retirement lifestyle project within the urban environment.
- Site area 6,180 sqm
- Residential care facility – 120 Beds
- Retirement facility (northern tower) 53 Units:
– 6 one bedroom units
– 33 two bedroom units
– 14 three bedroom units
- Retirement facility (southern tower) 89 Units:
– 4 one bedroom units
– 61 two bedroom units
– 24 three bedroom units
- Office 2,891.9 sqm Gross Floor Area (‘GFA’)
- Food and drink outlet, and/or shop 163.2 sqm GFA in the form of x3 ground floor retail tenancies
- Total development GFA 27,730 sqm
- Maximum building height Northern tower:
– 16 storeys
– 61.12 metres (approx.) / RL63.6 metres AHD
- Southern tower:
– 23 storeys
– 79.05 metres (approx.) /RL82.65 metres AHD
- Parking – 298 car parks
- Bike parking – 23 spaces
The proposed recreation deck includes a cinema, library, billiard and media room, dining room and lounge, outdoor rooftop pool and bbq area and multi-purpose room.
Read the original article here.
Comments are closed.